BECOME AN ADVANCED DIVER COURSE WITH MANTA LODGE & SCUBA CENTRE, BRISBANE
So, you've completed your Open Water Diver Course, and you're itching to learn more, diver deeper, and explore further. For many divers, doing an advanced diver course is the best way to develop their skills and knowledge further. Our SSI Advanced Adventurer Course runs over two (2) days and includes five (5) specialty dives + 1 fun dive along with your Enriched Air Nitrox certfication.
- Get certified to dive to 30 metres anywhere in the world and utilise Nitrox mixes to safely extend your bottom time!
- The course includes six (6) dives: one dive per specialty, plus a final fun dive
- FREE HALCYON SMB/SPOOL AND MARES COMPASS FOR EVERY STUDENT!
- Each dive counts towards future specialty course dives. For example, the 30 metre deep dive you will complete counts towards the first dive of the Deep Diver Specialty Course, which takes you to 40 metres
- Snacks and drinks provided during the surface interval on the boat
- Warm towels and hot showers available at our dive centre
Why do the Advanced Diver Course with us?
The Advanced Diver Course is designed to give existing Open Water Divers the chance to experience continued education and try different dive specialties before committing to a full specialty course. It's also perfect for those who want to dive a little deeper and get rated to dive to 30 metres anywhere in the world. Manta Lodge specializes in offering dive training that exceeds the bare minimum. With a maximum of 4 students on our courses we ensure that all divers are trained to a high level. This course will also focus on buoyancy/trim in the water to improve your overall dive experience and allow you to safely dive some of the areas more advanced dive sites.
What to Expect
Day 1: Meet at our store at 7 am to complete paperwork and the theory components of the five specialities: Navigation, Perfect Buoyancy, Drift Diving, Boat Diving and Deep Diving. In the afternoon, you will head out on our boat for a double dive where you will complete your first two (2) specialty dives at one of our local dive sites.
Day 2: Meet at the dive shop at 6:45 am to complete 3 course dives covering the remaining specialties, as well as an additional fun dive where you can practise and finetune your new skills (4 dives in total). Upon completion of this course and all training requirements, you will be certified to dive to 30 metres worldwide and utilise Nitrox as a breathing gas.
- You must be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Must have been diving within the last 12 months
- You must be medically fit for diving
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if you have any questions about this.