Coxswain Required to join our team!
Posted Sep 29, 2016 in News by Zoe Ansingh
Manta Lodge YHA & Scuba Centre are now expanding our dynamic team here on North Stradbroke Island.
We are seeking an experienced reliable coxswain that can work in our dive team. The individual must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a clean work environment. Must be able to launch boats from Home Beach, Point Lookout. We appreciate proactive staff that can use their initiative, multitask and can follow directions.
The role will report to the manager and be responsible for:
- Creating an exceptional experience for our valued guests involving some of the best dive locations in Queensland.
- Conducting daily dive charters, incorporating beach launches
- Ensuring all supplies and equipment are maintained and in good working order, reporting any incidents and faulty equipment
- Operation of our vessels with the highest priority given to safety.
- General Maintenance of vessels
- Completing a daily log for vessel operation
The position will be part time, with hours to be worked between 6.00am and 17.00pm Thursday to Tuesday.
Successful applicants must have the following skills:
- Master 5 or above (highly regarded) or Open Coxswain as minimum
- Surf experience and previous beach launching experience (highly regarded)
- Previous experience in the diving industry & tourism (highly regarded)
- PADI Dive Master certification (preferable)
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Ability to drive tractors when launching and retrieving our vessels from the beach (preferable)
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR
The position is available immediately and accommodation available for the correct candidate. Award wages paid. Must be available all weekends & public holidays.
All applicants please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or call 07 3409 8888 for further information.