We are now organising our next Instructor Development Course (IDC) here on North Stradbroke Island starting on Friday 24th March 2017, with the exam on 4th & 5th March 2017. The PADI Instructor Development Program is delivered in association with Trevor Smith—PADI Course Director.
So whether you desire a real “Sea Change“ or simply want to earn money part time by doing something that you love, becoming a PADI Instructor will offer you new and exciting opportunities.
Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre specializes and takes great pride in training people how to SCUBA dive, from Open Water through to Instructor level. We have gained international recognition for the excellent quality of our training.
Straddie’s temperate waters, along with our unique marine life, first class facilities and friendly, professional staff make an exceptional learning environment.
Courses start from $1,895.00 excluding theory materials and fees.
What will you learn?
You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety. Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counselling
The theory part of the course is now completed Online through PADI E-Learning
These need to be completed as part of your course!
24th March – 2.5 day PADI IDC Preparation Course
27th – 3rd April – 8 Day Instructor Development Course (IDC)
4th – 5th April – PADI Instructor Examination
7th – 10th April – MSDT Prep (5 PADI Speciality Instructor Courses)
Individuals need to be a PADI Divemaster, who has been a certified diver for six months.
You also need:
- At least 60 logged dives to start the course
- Minimum of 100 dives to attend an Instructor Exam (IE)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- 2 Day Instructor Preparation Course
- 8 Day PADI IDC programme
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Business of Diving Workshop
- Duty of Care Workshop
- PADI Oxygen Provider or Enriched Air Instructor Course including Instructor outlines
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Course including Instructor outlines
- All tanks & weights for the entire IDC
Course does not include:
- Payment of PADI membership/Application
- Payment of Professional Combined Liability Insurance
PADI Instructor Video:
» To watch the PADI Scuba Instructor Video click here
Booking your course
» To start your IDC with us here with us, call us on +61 07 3409 8888 or contact us for further information
Friday 24 March - Monday 10 April